It has been hectic to say the least behind the scenes. I have several projects to share, but this week, I have been working on a family table re-finish. It has been extremely humid in my area, and it is taking forever and a day for the oil based paint to dry. Not to mention, I added a little too much stain, which made the table a nice dark color, but only added to the length of time it took for the piece to dry! In the meantime, I have been catching up in between projects, and an increasingly busy schedule on my WordPress reading.
Last year, I was invited by Elise at Cheeky Geeks to take part in her blog’s annual Geek month.
In the spirit of Throw Back Thursday, and for those who missed the original post you may want to check it out (especially if you are an “1980’s geek” like I am.) I upcycled an old kid’s chair using an old Strawberry Shortcake record.
Be sure and stop by Elise’s blog for this year’s geek month. If you are anything like me and have a “Geeky” side you will enjoy following Elise on her Geek Month journey.
Elise also had a challenge for me if I was willing to accept: Answer 50 questions about myself. It would seem that she is interested to know a bit more about the women behind the Upcycle. Seemed like a great time to accept this challenge, while I quite literally wait for the paint to dry….
- What are you wearing?-Yoga pants and a rock tee. I am all about comfort!
- Ever been in love? Yes, and I love, love!
- Ever had a terrible breakup? I went through a divorce, what do you think?
- How tall are you? 5 feet 4 inches
- How much do you weigh? It’s never polite to ask a lady her weight!
- Any tattoos? Two black animal paw prints on the top of my foot
- Any piercings? 3 piercings in one ear, two on the other
- OTP (one true pair, favorite fictional couple)? Kristoff and Anna from Frozen. My daughter is into Disney at the moment!
- Favorite show? Game of Thrones
- Favorite bands? Too many to list, but Rock N Roll is my first love
- Something you miss?- My Grandfather Vincent
- Favorite song? Right now? “I Got A Name” Jim Croce
- How old are you? 39 and holding on for dear life!
- Zodiac sign? Aries
- Quality you look for in a partner? No question sense of humor!
- Favorite Quote? “Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans” John Lennon
- Favorite actor? Peter Dinklage I love, love him!
- Favorite color? Purple
- Loud music or soft? Loud
- Where do you go when you’re sad? Unfortunately, inside my head.
- How long does it take you to shower? 10 minutes I have to be quick I have a toddler!
- How long does it take you to get ready in the morning? 30 minutes
- Ever been in a physical fight? yes, but I was forced
- Turn on? Kindness
- Turn off? Elitism
- The reason I started blogging? I wanted to share my thriftiness with others, and I love to write!
- Fears? Not being able to see my daughter grow up
- Last thing that made you cry? My daughter
- Last time you said you loved someone? Today
- Meaning behind the name of your blog?It popped in my head one day. I kept thinking of the song “Little Suzi’s on the Up” by the band PhD.
- Last book you read? OMG embarrassing, All my reading is on the computer!
- The book you’re currently reading? Ummm refer to # 31
- Last show you watched? Big Bang Theory
- Last person you talked to?-My husband
- The relationship between you and the person you last texted? My sister
- Favorite food? Eggplant parm and Spaghetti
- Place you want to visit? Ireland
- Last place you were? At Work
- Do you have a crush? Do girl crushes count? Check out this awesome blog: AussaLorens.com
- Last time you kissed someone? Today
- Last time you were insulted? LOL probably every day, but most likely I don’t know about it!
- Favorite flavor of sweet? Sour Patch Kids
- What instruments do you play? I tried guitar, but could never catch on, I played the clarinet in elementary school
- Favorite piece of jewelry? My wedding ring
- Last song you sang? Heart “Magic Man”
- Favorite chat up line? I don’t have one! It’s whatever pops into my head at any given time.
- Have you ever used it? N/A
- Last time you hung out with anyone? Last weekend.
- Who should answer these questions next? I wanna know more about Daniela Joe If she’s willing to give it a go!
- LOL 50 Questions? I think I am missing something here…
5 thoughts on “Watching The Paint Dry: 50 Questions With “On The Upcycle””
top notch blog – informative and easy to understand!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Haha yeah you forgot number 45 — the sports one!!
😀 I truly loved that Ostmark too. It was goooorgeeeooous that chair! I’m glad you finished this — I definitely learned something new. 😉 or two! Though I really am interested to know what you’re reeeaaadiiiinnnng!!! xD
Well it appears I have a 2nd account I didn’t know of. This is Elise, by the way. Also there were typos. I meant I truly loved that post of yours, too. 😀
You are as interesting as I figured you’d be, UpMom! Jim Croce, dig it.
Oh my, I just had time to visit with you again and read #49…..I have very little time but….I am up…..be kind plz??? lol 🙂 can we go down to maybe 10 questions??? 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person