I am always extremely flattered when a fellow blogger takes the time out of their day to nominate my humble little blog for an award. It means a lot to know that others enjoy what I am doing, and helps me to keep going. I would like to personally thank Kim from http://craftcreateconnect.com/ for nominating “On The Upcycle” for a Sunshine blogger award. According to Google consensus, this award is given to those bloggers who positively and creatively inspire others. It is also a great way for bloggers to get to know one another. Please be sure and visit Kim’s blog and say “hello”! She has a site you can get lost on, so many amazing ideas!
Rules For this Award are:
1. Share 11 facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions that were asked by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Include 11 questions for your nominees to answer.
4. Notify your nominees about this post.
Lets see 11 facts about myself…
1. I love animals and have a dog and two cats (and my daughter’s goldfish Dorothy)
2. My favorite food is Eggplant Parm
3. I have one tattoo, a set of paw prints on my foot
4. I have a Diet Soda addiction. I know “not” good..
5. My husband and I have been “together” for almost 13 years.
6. We eloped and were married in Virgina.
7. I went to college for art, but dropped out to pursue an animal health sciences career.
8. I have donated my hair 5 times to “Locks of Love”
9. I have been to over 50 music concerts in my lifetime. I lost count!
10. I love vinyl, and I love to collect LP’s
11. I prefer all things retro and I am a “throwback” at heart!
Now, I answer the 11 proposed questions about myself.
1) Let’s start with something important… White, Milk or Dark Chocolate?
Milk Chocolate is my favorite, but I have rarely met a “chocolate” I didn’t like.
2) Coffee or Tea (or something totally different?)
If I had to choose, I would say Coffee, but I also love hot chocolate!
3) Where do you find your inspiration?
The miracle that is my daughter inspires me and all the great bloggers and crafters all over the world.
4) Monday mornings… love em or loathe them?
I would love to meet the person who answers “love them” I am a typical Monday “hater”
5) What is it that keeps you blogging?
I love inspiring others to craft, it is also a HUGE stress reliever for me!
6) Curl up on the couch or night on the town?
Right now, a night on the town! Such a rare luxury with a 2 year-old!
7) Who would you say is your hero?
My husband. He works so hard and is an amazing dad, and sometimes I wonder what he sees in me!
8) Best film of all time?
Goodfellas although I am a huge fan of movies and I only pick that one because, it is always the first one that comes to mind!
9) How would you describe yourself in 10 words or less?
An Easy Going, Caring, Creative, Mom who loves life!
10) Do you have a job not associated with your blog? If so, what is it?
Yes, I am a full-time working mom who works secretarial in the health care industry.
11) Where else can we find and follow you?
On The Upcycle is on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest.
The hardest part comes next, I must choose only 11 bogs. This is the most difficult, because so many of you touch me in so many ways and I wish I could nominate everyone. Please also know that if you decide not to forward the Sunshine award on that is OK too. I am simply glad I am able to visit each and every one of you and thanks for sharing a bit of who you are with the world.
And the Sunshine Blogger award nominees are:
A Hundred Years Ago
Story By Modcloth
Alison Brickman Makes It Work
Confessions Of A Refashionista
Brave New Home
Source Of Inspiration
Making A Life
A Curious Gal
Want to pass along the award? Here are 11 questions:
- Why and When did you decide to start a blog?
- Tell us something interesting about you.
- What is your favorite TV Show?
- Dog or Cat Person (or neither or both!)
- What is your favorite season?
- What inspires you the most?
- Do you have a nickname? If so how did you acquire it?
- What is your favorite sport?
- What is your favorite Holiday and Why?
- Sports car or Pickup Truck?
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would that be?
- M&M’s or Reese Pieces? Have a wonderful Week!